Experience in programming for over 7 years. But even with so much experience, always trying to learn and keep abreast of new trends, methods in development.
There is an opinion that it is better written manually CMS does not exist, but this decision, of course, is not for everyone. Most often the choice is between free and commercial control systems. In each of these categories a lot of fans, despite the obvious advantages and disadvantages. The advantages of control systems with open source include the following features:
– Cost. Free of charge – it is free, there is nothing to say.
– Open community of developers. The control system with open source gives space for imagination and experimentation, so people around the world involved in improving and revision CMS to meet specific needs. There is a lack of any functional? Are you sure that you can find someone else’s plug-in that will solve your problem.
– Open source. Since the free CMS – is the software is open source, anyone can learn the technology and transfer it to the other supported platforms.
In addition to the advantages, free management systems have disadvantages: – Cost. Yes, the cost and acts “for” and “against”, because there is nothing good in web development is not completely free. Self-study and integration of CMS can take a lot of time and effort, so people often resort to professional help. It costs money. Add to the cost paid plug-ins, and make sure that the cost of all the necessary configurations and settings can easily catch up with the cost of a commercial CMS.
– Open community of developers. Once again, the item that was on the list of advantages. The problem is an open community of developers is that if you find any bug that prevented the realization of your ideas, you have to wait for a long time when the correction will be made.
– Open source. In contrast to the commercial control systems, open CMS does not have a certification program for partners, so you can not be sure of their competence when transferring the software on other platforms.
Now, consider advantages and disadvantages of commercial control systems. Let’s start with the good:
– Central support. You buy the CMS and can count on a quick elimination of bugs, advice and comprehensive support from the vendor or certified partners, without doubting their competence.
– Stability and performance. In contrast to the free systems management, commercial let you forget about security breaches, errors and lack of testing. In the interest of the supplier to take care of that, his product has been thoroughly tested and stable.
– Training. Suppliers of commercial control systems are free of charge training in the use of the engine, so you do not have to hire a specialist or spend time on the “trial and error”.
Here is a list of the disadvantages of commercial CMS:
– Cost. The price control system discourages small business owners.
– Dependence on suppliers. You can not move the CMS to another platform. And you’re just limited to the features and characteristics that the supplier has developed – this is inconvenient in terms of customization of settings and implement something custom.
– Behind the entire planet. The introduction of advanced technology takes inexcusably long time due to the fact that the supplier is forced to carry out market analysis and extensive testing before implementation.
Priorities are different, so each chooses the most suitable system. Nevertheless, the commercial management system open source looks like the perfect choice.